I love a yummy yogurt parfait for breakfast or as a snack. Vanilla yogurt, chocolate chips, blueberries, strawberries, and finally…granola! It’s one of my favorite treats. I used to buy granola at the store until I realized that I could make it at home for much cheaper! I now enjoy making a big batch at one time for our family to eat on!
This homemade granola recipe is packed with health benefits, naturally sweetened, quick and easy to make, cheaper than grocery store brands, and customizable!
What You Need
- Large baking sheet or 9″ by 13″ glass pan
- Wooden spoon
- Mixing bowl
- Large saucepan
- 3 cups of old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup of unsalted pecans
- 1/2 cup of unsalted walnuts
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 3/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of dried fruit (I prefer to add raisins to my granola)
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Begin by melting the coconut oil in a large saucepan on low heat.
- Add in the salt, honey, and vanilla to the saucepan. Mix well.
- Combine the chopped nuts, oats, and dried fruits with the wet ingredients. Stir everything together.
- Pour the mixture into a 9″ by 13″ glass pan. Spread in a thin layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Stir halfway through.
If you make this recipe and love how it turned out, feel free to come back and comment about your experience. I’d love to see your creation and how you served it!
How to Store Homemade Granola
I store my homemade granola in a Quart size glass jar in the pantry. You can also refrigerate it if you’d like to.
How Long Will it Last?
Homemade granola is good for up to two weeks, but it doesn’t usually last that long around here!
Ways to Use Granola
Cereal, granola bars, yogurt topping, with honey and a banana, or fudge topping.
Other Ingredient Options
- Dried fruit: apricots, cherries, cranberries, banana chips, or blueberries.
- Nuts: pistachios, almonds, peanuts, or cashews.
- Chocolate chips, cinnamon, coconut chips, peanut butter chips, or white chocolate chips.
Other Healthy Recipes
- Naturally Sweetened Sourdough Pancakes
- Naturally Sweetened Sourdough Waffles
- Honey Sweetened Sourdough Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Homemade Crock Pot Cinnamon Applesauce