I love being a homemaker (you can read more about that here) and it seems like part of that job is providing yummy treats for the family to enjoy every once in awhile.
Monster cookies are one of my childhood favorites. I used to tell my mom that I could just eat the dough raw and never actually bake the cookies…It’s just that good!
My mom and I used to mix up a huge batch, leave some out to eat fresh, and freeze the rest for later. This recipe freezes really, really well and lasts longer than most cookies!
I enjoy baking cookies, Sourdough Pancakes, Sourdough Waffles, Sourdough Chocolate Chip Muffins, Sourdough Discard Crackers, and so much more! I also want these items to be healthy. That’s why these monster cookies are sweetened with honey instead of conventional sugars.
I think you’ll love bringing them along to summer gatherings, packing them up for vacation, or just making a batch for the family to enjoy.
Here is the naturally-sweetened monster cookie recipe you’ve been looking for! Chewy and delicious! Make a large batch and freeze half for later. Find all the details for this yummy recipe right here. Enjoy!
How to Make Naturally Sweetened Monster Cookies
Keep in Mind:
- Be careful not to over-mix the batter. This will create cookies that are dense and tough.
- The cookies will continue to bake if left on the baking sheet, so remove and place them on foil as soon as you take them out of the oven. This will prevent them from becoming overdone or even burnt!
- These cookies should be very soft after baking and will then harden as they cool. You’ll know they are over done if they come off the pan solid and hard.
- Don’t want the M&M’s? That’s just fine! I suggest adding more chocolate chips to take the place of the M&M’s.
What You’ll Need:
- Stand mixer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Medium sauce pan
- Baking sheet(s)
- Foil or parchment paper
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of honey
- 1/2 TBS. of vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. of baking soda
- 6 TBS of butter
- 3 cups of peanut butter
- 6 cups of quick oats
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup of of M&M’s (optional)
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the honey and butter together over medium heat. Whisk to combine.
- Combine the vanilla, eggs, honey, and butter in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredient mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Mix in the peanut butter, chocolate chips, and M&M’s.
- Spoon the dough onto a greased cookie sheet. I recommend making the dough balls about 2 inches thick.
- Flatten and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the edges turn light, golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to foil.
- Allow to cool completely.
If you make this recipe and love how it turned out, feel free to come back and comment about your experience. I’d love to see your creation and how you served it!
How Long Can I Store Them?
These Monster Cookies will keep for about a week in a sealed container.
Can I Freeze Them?
Yes! These cookies freeze very well. I recommend baking the cookies, allowing them to cool at room temperature, and place in a zip lock bag. Use wax paper between the layers of cookies to keep them from sticking to one another.
These Sourdough Monster Cookies will last for up to three months in the freezer.
More Healthy Recipes
- Naturally Sweetened Sourdough Pancakes
- Naturally Sweetened Sourdough Waffles
- Honey-Sweetened Sourdough Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Homemade Sourdough Discard Crackers
- Sourdough Red Lobster Biscuits