Joyless. I’ve been there many times, and it is a difficult season to be in. But Scripture promises that, “His mercies are new every morning” (Lamentations 3:23), so we can find peace in knowing that promise is true. He will, “restore you to the joy of your salvation” (Psalm 51:12).
I’ve listed a few verses that focus on joy. I encourage you to take some time in reflection and prayer through each one. I believe Jesus wants to speak life into your joyless, struggling heart.
Below you’ll find a few Bible verses that focus on joy. I encourage you to read through them carefully, pray them over your situation, and ask the Lord to renew your joy for the life He’s given you. I have experienced joyless seasons, so please know all that is written here is from personal experience.You’re not alone in this difficult time. Press into Scripture and find rest in your Heavenly Fathers embrace. I’ve also listed a few more encouragement posts at the very end of this entry.
6 Scriptures to Restore Your Joy
2. “Nehemiah said, “Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is holy to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength.””Nehemiah 8:10
4. “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”Romans 12:12
5. “You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; you have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness.”Psalm 30:11
6. “The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.”Zephaniah 3:17
Scripture discusses joy and trials so many more times than I’ve listed here, so I encourage you to read the Bible and find more hope for yourself. Read through the countless accounts of individuals who struggled, lost joy and hope, and discover how they pressed on. There is power in the Word of God over all things, including this battle against joylessness.
Find More Encouragement
- 10 Bible Verses for When You’re Filled With Fear
- Gardener of Souls
- Commit Your Plans to the Lord
- Gird Yourself With Joy
- The Little Things in Life
- Joy in Winter
- Thriving Despite Winter Blues