As I’m writing this, we’re currently entering the last leg of winter. As much as I want spring to arrive in full force, it just isn’t quite here yet, so why not continue indulging in a few cozy winter things while we still can? Hot chocolate, for instance!
A cup of hot cocoa paired with Sourdough Chocolate Chip Cookies, Honey Sweetened Mug Brownie, Naturally Sweetened Monster Cookies, or No Bake Cookies | Naturally Sweetened would make for a perfect winter date night or family game night in!
A quick and easy hot chocolate recipe made from simple ingredients. No more powdering packs of ‘who-knows-what’ from the grocery store! This hot cocoa is sweetened with maple syrup…a much healthier alternative to conventional sugars.
Make a large batch for the whole family, or scale it down for two mugs or so. Add a bit more maple syrup if this isn’t sweet enough for your liking, or leave as is for a subtle sweetness. Either way, you’ll receive numerous requests to make this recipe all throughout winter. I guarantee it!
Find more from scratch recipes at the very end of this post.
How to Make Homemade Hot Chocolate
What You’ll Need
- Medium sauce pan
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Ladle or large spoon
- 4 cups of milk
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- 4 TBS of baking cocoa
- A pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients into a medium sauce pan.
- Heat the mixture on medium heat.
- Stir continuously until well combined (be sure to scrape the bottom).
- Turn off the heat just before the liquid begins to simmer.
- Ladle the hot chocolate into mugs and serve as is, topped with whipped cream, or with marshmallows!
If you make this recipe and love how it turned out, feel free to come back and comment about your experience. I’d love to see your creation and how you served it!
More From Scratch Food
- A Delicious Chili Soup Recipe
- Sourdough Chocolate Zucchini Bread | Naturally Sweetened
- 5 Sourdough Dessert Recipes
- Homemade Chili Seasoning | Recipe
- Honey Sweetened Mug BrownieSourdough Chocolate Chip Cookies
Leave a Little Thought