I’d like to change out the curtains in our kitchen window for each season. I see light and airy fabrics for spring, deep blues and forest greens for summer, brown plaids for autumn, and red and green for winter. These DIY No-Sew Cafe Curtains make the room feel a bit more finished and homey, which is exactly what I want when I’m baking up some from-scratch goodies like Sourdough Chocolate Chip Muffins, Sourdough Red Lobster Biscuits, Pancakes, or A Mug Brownie.
I also have a tutorial for How to Sew Cafe Curtains if you’d like to create an option that is a bit more finished and permanent. This sewing DIY is quite simple as well!
How to Make DIY No-Sew Cafe Curtains
What You’ll Need
- Measuring tape
- Curtain rod
- Curtain clips
1. Begin by washing, drying, and ironing the fabric
Fabrics can shrink after washing and wrinkles can create troubles in measuring correctly.
2. Measure your windows
- Begin by measuring the length that you’d like the curtains to be. You may want the entire window covered or only a portion of it covered. I wanted curtains that covered the lower panel of my window (19.5 inches) like a true cafe style. You’ll want to make sure that your length measurement allows the curtain to rest against the window pane.
- Next, measure how wide you’d like the curtains to be. Make sure to add an extra two inches to this measurement in order to completely cover the window when the curtains are closed.
3. Cut the pieces according to your window measurements.
4. Hang the curtain using clip hooks and a curtain rod. I spaced my hooks about 3 or 4 inches apart.
If you make this project and love how it turned out, feel free to come back and comment about your experience. I’d love to see your creation and how you used it!
Where do you hang cafe curtains?
Hang them across the middle of a window or even 3/4 up. I use a tension rod to hang them about halfway down my window. It varies based on the amount of privacy you want and how much light you want to come in the window.
More Easy DIY Projects
- DIY Banner for Nursery With Lettering Template
- How to Sew Cafe Curtains
- How to Cover a Seat Cushion With Drop Cloth
- Inexpensive Drop Cloth Projects