My family is a homemade oven-baked chicken tenders kind of family. We enjoy serving them alongside mashed potatoes or oven-baked fries, green beans or corn on the cob, and dipped in ketchup or ranch.
While they are more time consuming to make from scratch, there really is no comparison to the homemade version! Frozen chicken tenders from the store simply cannot compare after tasting the freshness of making them yourself.
This isn’t the only from scratch recipe I’ve created to replace store-bought options! Homemade Hot Chocolate | Maple Syrup Sweetened, A Delicious Chili Soup Recipe, How to Start a Sourdough Starter, Homemade Sourdough Dinner Rolls, and more!
A delicious and crispy oven baked chicken tender recipe made from simple ingredients. No more purchasing frozen tenders filled with ‘who-knows-what’ from the grocery store! These freshly-made tenders will ruin you from wanting store bought options ever again.
All the needed ingredients, instructions, and tips are just below!
Find more from scratch recipes at the very end of this post.
How to Make Oven-Baked Chicken Tenders
What You’ll Need for Oven Baked Chicken Tenders
- Three medium sized mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large baking sheet
Ingredients for Oven Baked Chicken Tenders
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 3/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
Instructions for Oven Baked Chicken Tenders
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut each chicken breasts into four or five tenders and soak them in a bowl with the milk for 30 minutes.
- Add the eggs to one bowl and the flour and spices to a second bowl.
- Dip each piece of chicken from the milk bowl to the flour mixture.
- Dip it into the eggs then back into the flour mixture.
- Shake the excess flour gently off and put the chicken onto an oiled baking sheet.
- Repeat with all the pieces.
- Bake for 5 minutes, flip each tender, and bake for another 5 minutes.
- (Optional) For extra crunch, broil for an additional 2 minutes.
If you make this recipe and love how it turned out, feel free to come back and comment about your experience. I’d love to see your creation and how you served it!
More From Scratch Food
- A Delicious Chili Soup Recipe
- Sourdough Chocolate Zucchini Bread | Naturally Sweetened
- 5 Sourdough Dessert Recipes
- Homemade Hot Chocolate | Maple Syrup Sweetened
- Homemade Chili Seasoning | Recipe
- Honey Sweetened Mug BrownieSourdough Chocolate Chip Cookies