Tea Tree oil is one of the most used essential oils in the world. Because tea tree oil contains such versatile properties and is gentle enough to use directly to the skin, it’s consider a must-have oil, especially if you are just getting started with using essential oils for your health. Since it is such an ‘essential’ essential oil to have on hand, lets discuss 4 Uses for Tea Tree Essential Oil.
Interested in learning more about implementing more toxic-free products in your home? Here are a few inexpensive and easy-to-make cleaners: All Natural Febreeze Spray, DIY Natural All Purpose House Cleaner, and Tips for Cleaning A Diffuser and much more!
4 Uses for Tea Tree Essential Oil
1. Use Tea Tree Oil on Skin Blemishes
Tea Tree essential oil provides well-known cleansing and rejuvenating effects to the skin due to its antioxidant and inflammatory properties. All of this may help reduce the appearance of blemishes on the skin.
How to Use on the Skin:
- Add Tea Tree to your facial wash or moisturizer to experience its cleansing properties.
- Apply it as a spot treatment on blemishes.
2. Use Tea Tree Oil in a Household Cleaner
Adding a few drops of tea tree oil to a natural all-purpose cleaning spray can help boost the cleanliness of your home thanks to its purifying properties.
A few homemade cleaning products to use tea tree oil in:
3. Use Tea Tree Oil on Hair and Nails
Apply to the fingernails and toenails after showering to purify and keep them looking healthy. This oil may aid in eliminating nail fungus, corns, and other similar issues.
4. Use Tea Tree Oil to Cleanse the Air
Tea Tree essential oil is well known for its ability to neutralize odors, making it a great alternative to harsh air fresheners and sprays. Diffuse it to combat musty or unpleasant odors, mix with baking soda and sprinkle it in shoes or on sports equipment, or add to a homemade air freshening spray.
Make Your Own Odor Eliminating Spray:
More on Natural Living
- 5 Uses for Lavender Essential Oil
- Using Lemon Essential Oil in the Home
- DIY Natural All Purpose House Cleaner
- What is a Simmer Pot & How to Make One